Pela for 0 - 4 years old and caregivers
Update this content.
Pela (Ages 0 - 4 & Caregivers)
Pela is the Hebrew word for “wonder.” This program is meant to bring joy, celebration, and friendship to the youngest members of the SAJ community and their caregivers. Together we will help children uncover their natural sense of wonder and delve into our adult sense of wonder as well. We will sing, dance, move, play and experience the holidays through storytelling and music.
Dates: September 17, 2016 - May 13, 2017 (please see the SAJ calendar)
Time: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Elevator access: Yes
Do I need to register?: No. Though it would be great if you would email email@example.com so that we have a general idea of what we will need and to assist us in welcoming your family. Feel free to share allergy information, birthdays and other information to keep your family safe and celebrated.
Cost: This is a SAJ sponsored program, there is no cost to parents. *
*Suggested donations always welcome to honor or commemorate a special event or person. Or speak to firstname.lastname@example.org about bringing snack.
Additional programs for 0 - 4 year olds and their caregivers:
- Parenting Conversations 5x a year @ SAJ, Saturdays from 11:15 - 12:30 pm: This is a space in which parents discuss, learn, and share the joys and the challenges of Jewish parenting led by Rabbi Lauren, Tehilah, and lay leaders. (If you're having trouble finding childcare from 11:15 am - 12:30 pm please email email@example.com by Thursday).
- Play Space @ SAJ: Open play for all ages (with one caregiver per family as supervisor). The west balcony space is designed to help parents hear the service while their children play at whatever decibel they feel like. The space will be filled with sensory toys, blocks, books and more for your family's comfort and enjoyment in their spiritual home at SAJ. Please enjoy the space and materials and take the opportunity to build new friendships or grow existing ones.
- Holiday programming @ SAJ: Please see SAJ's Calendar for Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Simchat Torah, Hanukkah, Purim, Passover and Yom HaAtzmaut//Israeli Independence Day programming.
- Community Shir 6x a year @ SAJ, Saturdays in the sanctuary: Join our inter-generational community sing-along at 12:00 pm. We'd love your voices and/or ears to join in! Next Date: Nov. 12
- Storytime, Song and Movement on the UWS: Join Tehilah and the larger UWS community at... Book Culture on 81st and Columbus, (starting after Labor Day) Tuesdays at 11:00 am or alternate Fridays, 11:15 am at St. Agnes Library, you can see SAJ's Facebook page for details. Next Dates: Tuesdays @ Book Culture, Nov. 15, 22, 29 & Dec. 6, 13, 20.Fridays @ St. Agnes Library, Nov. 18 & Dec. 3, 10, 17.